Nearly half of the users across the world are victims of cybercrime. Every email opened, link clicked, downloaded app is an opportunity for hackers to compromise the personal data. So, at this point, having an antivirus installed on the system is a must. Therefore, here in this section, we will be comparing between Webroot vs Avast. Also, we will be comparing both antiviruses based on their features, security, and customer support.
Through the help of the information provided here, it would become easy for all users to pick the right antivirus software for their system. So, let’s get started.
When it comes to buying an antivirus, then it is essential to focus on the features. So, here we’ve discussed the features that are included in both products. Thus, look at the features between Webroot vs Avast what it offers to the customers.
- Anti-Malware Protection : The Webroot Antivirus software can eliminate Viruses, Trojans, and other online threats.
- Ransomware Protection : This antivirus software is capable of detecting malicious files that encrypt the data and demand ransom.
- Real-time Anti-phishing : It blocks fake or malicious sites and alerts the user whenever they visit any website.
- ID Theft and data Protection : It keeps the data (user’s identity and credentials) safe from hackers and protects them from being stolen.
- Optimization Tools : The Webroot antivirus has an optimization tool that boosts the overall performance of the system.
- Safe and Secure Cloud Storage : It offers 25GB of storage space in total. One can use the storage space to store essential data.
Now let’s check out the features of Avast Antivirus software.
- Malware Protection : It provides malware protection against all known threats.
- Wi-Fi Security Scan : It finds susceptibility in the network and alerts the user.
- Safe Online Shopping : It blocks fake websites and allowing users to have safe banking and shopping activities.
- Advanced Firewall : It has an extra layer of protection.
- Sandbox : The sandbox feature safely runs the suspicious files without causing any harm to the operating system.
- Webcam Protection : The webcam protection feature stops third parties from spying on the user through the webcam.
Security of Webroot vs Avast
When we compare Webroot vs Avast, Webroot is a cloud-based antivirus that requires 15MB of the available space in the hard drive and to activate webroot visit www.webroot.com/safe.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is unique, as it searches the metadata and behavioral patterns. It suspends and detects new ups that are dangerous and let’s cloud to play its part. It means that the operating system does no processing. Webroot is capable of protecting the credentials, i.e., username and passwords from malware attack.
On the other hand, Avast antivirus software detects and eliminates 99% of threats and provides 100% protection to the device.
- Real-time antivirus : Both products have a real-time antivirus.
- USB Virus Scan : Both Webroot and Avast have a USB Virus scan.
- Scheduled Scanning : Webroot and Avast both have a schedule scanning feature.
- Email Protection : Webroot has Email protection similar to Avast.
- Personal firewall : Webroot and Avast both products have personal firewalls.
- Safe Browser : Avast and Webroot both have a safe browser.
Customer Support of Webroot vs Avast
Both Webroot vs Avast have a dedicated customer support team; experts assist with any potential problem. Let’s proceed further with the Webroot’s support first and then move on to Avast and check what they offer.
There is an FAQ page available on the Webroot’s official website, along with the reasonably busy forum. For quick assistance, get in touch with the experts via phone support. For all valuable customers, the ticket system option is also available, and it usually takes less than a day for the professionals to get back to the customer.
On the official website of Avast, i.e., Avast.com, a detailed knowledge base is available for every single product. The forum is the equivalent of that of the Webroot antivirus. The Live chat facility is not available, but the user can take the benefits of the email, phone support, and ticket facility. In comparison with Webroot, the technical team of Avast is faster and eager to help the customers. Although, the direct support option is not available to the free users.
Final Thoughts - Webroot vs Avast
After looking at all aspects of both antiviruses, we believe that Webroot is the Winner. Firstly, Webroot’s agents are more qualified, and they take less time to assist the customers. Webroot is best and is a preferred choice of many users in every single category except for pricing.
Through various tests, including user-interface, protection, features, pricing, and customer service, Webroot is better. On the other hand, Avast antivirus offers a more pocket-friendly deal. But it lags behind Webroot in support, malware protection, and ease of use. Besides this, features are limited.